ioguild.com Forum Index ioguild.com
Innocuous Octopus

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keis - warlock lvl 70

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ioguild.com Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keis
Non Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Keis - warlock lvl 70 Reply with quote

What is your...
A. Name: Keis
B. Level: 70
C. Race: Gnome
D. Class: Warlock
E. Spec: SM/Ruin
F. Time Zone: Central
G. Main Language: English
H. Professions/Rare Recipe(s): Tailoring/Engineering
I. Availibility / Play Schedule: Every day after 4pm server time
Are you attuned to all major dungeons requiring attunement, and have all of your heroic dungeon keys? If not, why?
No, I知 keyed to all but, MT.H and BT. My predominate reason being I had quit the game for the summer after my last guild Swords and Staves feel apart this past June, and since me come back I have not been able to get in a guild to the last bosses of SSC and Eye of Tempest

What is your past raiding experience? Are you willing to respec if the guild needed it?
Well Swords and Staves fell apart working on Void Reaver and Lurker, although I have down both since the breakup. Respecing is not an issue for me I have played all but, one warlock spec (FireLock)

Link your WoW Armory Profile, and also post any other pertinent gearset information you feel is appropriate (resist sets etc).
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Keis

What was your most recent guild, and why did you leave them?
My most recent guild is Impulse, but my most recent raiding guild would be Swords and Staves. My reason for leaving them our GM transferred to Dark Squirrels on another server and I could never leave Mannoroth and other Swords and Staves members just went elsewhere if they did not transfer also

Do you have Ventrillo and a microphone?
No I use the World Of Warcraft in game chat client, Just kidding I think most of all people have vent and a mic so yes I do have Ventrilo and a Mic

Is there anything else you'd like to add that you feel will help us to better know who you are and why we should accept you as a member of Innocuous Octopus?
But, for starters I知 a 23 year old grad student at Tuskegee University in History, I have my under grad in Political Science. I知 in a frat so I very much love giving back to the community and lending myself in whatever capacity. I very seldom go out any longer I speed most all my free time writing papers or playing wow. I have a girlfriend who enjoy watching me raid and arena she really likes seeing big damage numbers. I have always considered myself to be a hardcore raider since my first great guild Revenants which formed in to Aftermath. That I would have to say made me fall in love with WOW I never knew that something on a computer screen could immerse one so much. With the friendships built, all the time you spend with each other learning new boss till late in the night, and the family you feel you have. I also try and strive for the best I can out of my warlock. Leveling him up all the way and just remember all the things we have been thru together, like the old school gank feast in South Shore or pre death pvp with warlocks, I take a lot of pride in my performance. I want anyone I have ever raided with to think to themselves win they see the name Keis in a group or a battleground to say oh we are good we got plenty of skill and damage. I have never had the opportunity to ever get the gear that best suit my build I often just take what I can get on my on or left over from raids, but I always try to push my gear to take me to the top. When looking at my gear now I do understand that it is lacking, again I stopped playing in June, but I can perform well with it and contribute greatly. In keeping in line with my hardcore love of raiding, I spend a lot of time doing scouting reports for myself on boss fight and trying to see how different phase work, I follow directions quite well and often have pretty good ideas for boss fights. I bring at no less than 40 pots to each raid I have at least 5 flask in my bank at all time, plenty of caster food. All gear enchanted and stoned. I also was the other half to the old Alley dragon and world boss spawn. Me and Benrus from La Resisntance, so another thing I would like to do is get that back going with DoomLord Kazzak and Doomwalker. It is just easy epics imo. Well I think that regardless of what I type on this app it is not going to give you a chance to truly get a feel for myself and the type of player I am. But, all I ask for is a chance to prove my words and disappointment not something I practice. But, I知 a great asset to have in a guild and really love playing the game and helping others to accomplish our goals.

Do you know anyone currently in IO, who will vouch for your application?
The only person I have any interaction with is Zwee, I知 his evil twin brother DirkDilger
Psyrenous
Non Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took forever to read that at 7:30am in the morning, Buuuuuuut it was worth it, nice app, well done, not quick and sloppy like others (points to self), goodluck dude. /cheer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aoiphe
IO Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psyrenous wrote:
It took forever to read that at 7:30am in the morning, Buuuuuuut it was worth it, nice app, well done, not quick and sloppy like others (points to self), goodluck dude. /cheer

Not a single blue gem in gear ftl.

I'm not a fan of massive paragraphs like the last one, but at least he's enthusiastic.

kasika
IO Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit Keis!!!!

Its me kasika!!!!

/approve of this lock
Non Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have 6 Noble topaz the blues that add +4 hit and +5 spelll damage. Reason for not socketing them yet, i'm still trying to test a few spec ideas and i'm not wow rich and i have to make sure this spec is going to be vable for raiding before i socket them.
Aoiphe
IO Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keis wrote:
I actually have 6 Noble topaz the blues that add +4 hit and +5 spelll damage. Reason for not socketing them yet, i'm still trying to test a few spec ideas and i'm not wow rich and i have to make sure this spec is going to be vable for raiding before i socket them.

Pop quiz: what's the require hit rating to be hit-capped as affliction

Xhaw
IO Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoiphe wrote:
Keis wrote:

Pop quiz: what's the require hit rating to be hit-capped as affliction

hint!!!!!!!: www.google.com
Kathitor
IO Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait wait....is he a Fury warlock or is he Arms? b/c that totally makes all the difference
Keis
Non Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard 6% with suppersion, but i dont believe that to be true. But, I'm aiming for 16% and when i achieve that i will not put points into suppersion
Xhaw
IO Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and the other officers are currently discussing your application, we'll be in touch soon.

Thanks.
Moondrus
IO Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keis wrote:
I have heard 6% with suppersion, but i dont believe that to be true. But, I'm aiming for 16% and when i achieve that i will not put points into suppersion

Getting 202 +hit (16%) is a waste unless you plan on going FireLock. Which IMO is a horrible raiding spec. A good affliction lock will out damage a FireLock any day.

Now if you go Affliction and get the bare minimum in Suppression and spec totally for raiding you would be looking at something like:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IiMrbRfkqtcosxZxx0z

Then you would only need 151 +hit (12%).

If i was specing affliction i would go all out and spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IEMrbRfkqtcooxZxx0z

Thus only needing 76 +hit (6%), which you can almost get just by using Spellstrike set and the head enchant (14 + 22 + 16 = 52).

Personally i don't think that there is a deep Demo spec that can keep up with the damage output that full Affliction or full Destruction can do.

Keis
Non Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah u are right, i was puting some test number in my excel warlock calculator and I came up with the break point at which Firelock can outdps a affliction lock in a raid setting. If u get to at least 13.5% plus hit and about 26% crit and at 1100fire damage was my test number u did about 111500 more dps. My dream would be to one day get to that point. As is i have 2 of the 3 of spellfire and about 3 other pretty good Firelock items. I'm going to save them untill i get enuff items to do the damage my calculation came up with. But for raiding now I'm going to use http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IEMrbofkVtcoZEx0x tell me what u think i have put it on a few forums to get feed back and so far most everyone agrees with me. I found this to be the highest DPS output before higher tier stats
Moondrus
IO Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make a few changes. More something like:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IEMrbRfkVtcoZxx0tM

Big differences are moving the 5 points out of cataclysm. You have life tap so who cares how much mana your spells cost, plus with this spec you will be putting up more DOTs then anything else. and Cataclysm only will affect your Shadowbolt mana cost. I took those 5 points and moved them to Destructive Reach and Grim Reach.

If you are going that many points in Destruction you want destructive reach.
1. It increases your range by 20%, which is always good
2. It reduces your threat form destruction spells by 10%

You then want Grim Reach so that you can cast DOTs from the same distance that you can Shadowbolt. Then i put the last point in Shadowburn. Which IMO is the best Destruction talent in the tree. When i was playing my lock before i use to bring 50-100 shards to every raid. I would pop that all of the time. It is an instant Shadowbolt that costs less mana but uses a shard. It is also very helpful at the end of a boss fight. And it is OP in pvp.

KROMUS
IO Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Application Denied. Thanks for the time put into your application- However, as of right now we are very solid, with a solid bench as well for this class and could not use you- I will keep you in mind for any future openings, goodluck to you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ioguild.com Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: